- School leavers
- Entry level
- Graduate Programs
- Future Leadership Program for Pharmacists in Product Supply
- Global Trainee Program for Supply Chain Management
- International Trainee Program in Clinical Development
- International Trainee Program for Production Management
- International Trainee Program for Procurement
- International Trainee Program for Financial Management
- International Trainee Program for Engineers
- International Trainee Program in Human Resources Management
- Trainee Program Marketing & Sales at Bayer Vital
- Trainee Program in Marketing, Sales and Development at Crop Science Germany
- Communications traineeship
- Career entry
- Career entry in Inhouse Consulting
- Career entry in IT
- Graduate Programs
- Functional Areas
- Pharmaceutical production
- Finance / Accounting / Controlling
- Information technology
- IT for Research & Development
- Business Consulting
- Digital Marketing
Your Internship at Bayer in Germany
During your internship at one of our German sites, you will be given interesting insights into the world of Bayer. We offer a variety of internships for university students.
Find out more about our wide-ranging activities and the entry and career opportunities that we offer. At Bayer, there are plenty of possibilities to build on your theoretical knowledge and gain valuable experience to help you in your studies.
We differentiate between general work experience through voluntary internships and compulsory internships as a required part of science, technology and economics degrees. For pharmacy students we offer clerkships and practical years, for law students dedicated internships.
The most relevant information about internship are available in the onepager. Detailed information are available for internships in Inhouse Consulting, internships in IT and the practical year for pharmacists.
An internship should last at least four weeks. We recommend to do an internship for two to six months to ensure tasks can also be performed independently following an induction phase. The timeframe for compulsory internships or writing your thesis or dissertation with Bayer depends on the period set out in your exam regulations.
For an internship at Bayer you need a good study record, team spirit, initiative and communication skills. If you are applying from outside Germany, you should be fluent in English. In some departments, the ability to speak German is also very helpful.
Online application for internships
All open vacancies for internships are listed in the job search. If you do not find an internship there that suits your interests you also may send us an unsolicited application via the following online application forms:
Degree / Bachelor / Master dissertations
After reviewing your application – you are welcome to propose a topic or main focus – we will look for a suitable post and a mentor for your dissertation within the company. You should approach a lecturer at your university to supervise and appraise the dissertation, with whom the subject matter will be coordinated. Contractual conditions will be agreed with you on an individual basis. The most relevant information about dissertations are available in the onepager.
If there is no suitable position at the moment, you can also send us your unsolicited application. Therefore, please select the appropriate thesis option under „internships/dissertation“ and create a profile or follow these links:
If you are interested in a PhD at Bayer further information is available here.
Remuneration depends on the kind of internship. For basic internships and work experience for pharmacy students ("Famulatur") it is 300 – 500 € per month. Students writing their theses/dissertations and specialist internships receive the minimum wage (between 1.387 € and 1.479 € per month - depending on working hours). Students who move to one of our sites for the duration of their internship or time writing their thesis or dissertation have the opportunity to receive a rent allowance depending on the subject area.
To enable us to process your application and plan internships, we need the following documents as soon as possible (preferably 6 months before your proposed starting date):
- Covering letter stating proposed length of internship and field of work
- CV (tabular)
- Certificates (school-leaving examinations, intermediate examinations, overview of grades)
- Certificate that you are registered as a student
- Internship regulations for your course of study.
All available internships can be found via the Job Search.
Information / Contact
You have any questions?
We'll be happy to help!
Just give us a call at
tel.: +49 214 30 99779
or send us a message
via the contact form.