Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life.
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Contribute to the design and building of our data warehouse in our agile development
• Support our master data management including geospatial and image data management
• Develop and execute data analysis in the area of agricultural-, geospatial- and
meteorological-relevant data sets
• Work closely with product engineers, agronomists and technology teams as well as with
solution software developers
• Develop data visualization tools and service modules including data life-cycle management
• Participate in all phases of the product development life-cycle including requirements
gathering as well as analysis, design, build, test, deployment and extended hypercare
• Write technical documentation as needed
Who you are
• MSc degree in computer science, statistics, machine learning, mathmatics or a related
• First experience as data scientist (m/f) or other relevant work experience ideally in scalable
cloud infrastructures in production deployments
• First experience in applying statistical/machine learning solutions to real world problems
• Ideally experience in working with web applications and REST-based API services and
ETL/ELT tools at large scale
• Thorough experience in working with R, Python and relational databases (SQL, noSQL) is a
• Experience in working with GIS data, statistical and process-based models is a major plus
• Solid understanding of software development life-cycle and agile methodologies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in a diverse and global
This is a fixed-term contract until 30.06.2019 and the position may be located in Langenfeld or Münster.
Here you can find out more about us and our vision: http://www.digitalfarming.bayer.com/
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and support both individual and professional development. Applications for this position should be made online at www.career.bayer.de, submitting a cover letter, your CV and references as well as your salary expectation.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination. Bayer begrüßt Bewerbungen aller Menschen ungeachtet von ethnischer Herkunft, nationaler Herkunft, Geschlecht, Alter, körperlichen Merkmalen, sozialer Herkunft, Behinderung, Mitgliedschaft in einer Gewerkschaft, Religion, Familienstand, Schwangerschaft, sexueller Orientierung, Geschlechtsidentität oder einem anderen sachfremden Kriterium nach geltendem Recht. Wir bekennen uns zu dem Grundsatz, alle Bewerberinnen und Bewerber fair zu behandeln und Benachteiligungen zu vermeiden.