Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life.
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Develop and implement data-driven models in the agronomy space to deliver actionable
insights for farmers
• Specify and implement scale-out technologies for data processing and service provision at
• Interact closely with our GIS, agronomy and remote sensing experts in leveraging their
domain knowledge for our solutions to guide our crop- and pathogen-modelling pipeline
• Assess new algorithms and data layers being evaluated for our applications
• Ensure our production-deployed models are scalable and robust seeing our world-wide crop
as well as regional focus
• Support the Digital Farming engineering backend implementation working in close
collaboration with our corporate IT and external partner
Who you are
• Advanced degree (preferably PhD) in computer science, statistics, machine learning,
mathematics, natural sciences or a related technical field
• Several years of experience as data scientist (m/f) or other relevant work experience
• Thorough experience in working with R, Python and relational databases (SQL, noSQL) is a
• Experience in designing and building complex machine learning models for large
spatio-temporal data sets
• Ideally experience in applying statistics dealing with problems with environmental or
• High ability to solve problems and to structure and simplify complex tasks
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in a diverse and global
The position may be located in Langenfeld or Münster.
Here you can find out more about us and our vision: http://www.digitalfarming.bayer.com/
We offer a competitive salary in an international environment as well as excellent opportunities for professional and personal development. If your background and personal experience fit this profile, please send us your complete application at www.career.bayer.de, submitting a cover letter, your CV and references as well as your salary expectations.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination. Bayer begrüßt Bewerbungen aller Menschen ungeachtet von ethnischer Herkunft, nationaler Herkunft, Geschlecht, Alter, körperlichen Merkmalen, sozialer Herkunft, Behinderung, Mitgliedschaft in einer Gewerkschaft, Religion, Familienstand, Schwangerschaft, sexueller Orientierung, Geschlechtsidentität oder einem anderen sachfremden Kriterium nach geltendem Recht. Wir bekennen uns zu dem Grundsatz, alle Bewerberinnen und Bewerber fair zu behandeln und Benachteiligungen zu vermeiden.