Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life.
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Oversee the portfolio of machine learning programs with its different applications and
innovate the overall AI strategy within Digital Farming
• Ensure collaboration of our engineering and agronomy teams to secure a robust transfer
and employment of various data-driven models into our production systems
• Contribute with cutting-edge projects in our data science team, delivering superior solutions
based on our agronomic data
• Communicate project results and strategy towards various peers in our organization,
including engineering, commercial, sales & field operations
Who you are
• Advanced degree (PhD) in computer science, mathematics, natural sciences or related
• Long-term substantial practical working experience with statistical data in
• Thorough experience in designing and building complex statistical and machine learning
models for massive spatio-temporal data sets
• Experience in scalable cloud infrastructures in production deployments
• Solid understanding of software development life-cycle and agile methodologies
(e. g. SCRUM master (m/f))
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to lead as part of a diverse and
This position may be located in Langenfeld or Münster.
We offer a competitive salary in an international environment as well as excellent opportunities for professional and personal development. If your background and personal experience fit this profile, please send us your complete application at www.career.bayer.de, submitting a cover letter, your CV and references as well as your salary expectations.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination. Bayer begrüßt Bewerbungen aller Menschen ungeachtet von ethnischer Herkunft, nationaler Herkunft, Geschlecht, Alter, körperlichen Merkmalen, sozialer Herkunft, Behinderung, Mitgliedschaft in einer Gewerkschaft, Religion, Familienstand, Schwangerschaft, sexueller Orientierung, Geschlechtsidentität oder einem anderen sachfremden Kriterium nach geltendem Recht. Wir bekennen uns zu dem Grundsatz, alle Bewerberinnen und Bewerber fair zu behandeln und Benachteiligungen zu vermeiden.