Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life.
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Your tasks and responsibilities
Research & Development (R&D) IT is the internal IT organization that supports Bayer Pharmaceuticals R&D people regarding IT innovations and strategy as well as IT project management. In detail:
• Act as IT Business Partner (m/f), relationship manager (m/f) and trusted advisor (m/f) to
the function Clinical Sciences (CS) in collaboration with other Business Partners
• Establish and maintain effective partnerships with scientists, internal IT specialists, quality
assurance and R&D business representatives
• Work closely with neighboring business functions, e.g. clinical development, to oversee
implications of changes in other areas for CS
• Develop IT related business process improvements by identifying opportunities and
developing initiatives that enable business innovation and efficiency improvement
• Support IT project portfolio management together with colleagues
• Drive the definition of the project scope, business case development and identification of
required resources in collaboration with partners in CS
• Ensure prioritization and strategic fit of project portfolio with business goals and objectives
as well as IT strategy
• Maintain short- and long-term project portfolio as well as oversee implementation projects
• Hold ultimate accountability for the value that IT delivers to CS business
Who you are
• University degree (PhD is preferred) in science, pharmacy, computational biology,
translational science or an equivalent qualification
• Several years of work experience in a pharmaceutical biotech industry as well as experience
in drug discovery and/or drug development environment, including clinical development
• Profound expertise in PK/PD modelling, pharmacometrics, biobanking and biosample
• Good knowledge in translational/clinical informatics, data integration as well as in
• Strategic thinker (m/f) with strong interpersonal, analytical and self-management skills
• Willingness to travel (15-20%)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and German
This position will be located in Berlin or Wuppertal.
We offer a competitive salary in an international environment as well as excellent opportunities for professional and personal development. If your background and personal experience fit this profile, please send us your complete application at www.career.bayer.de, submitting a cover letter, your CV and references as well as your salary expectations.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination. Bayer begrüßt Bewerbungen aller Menschen ungeachtet von ethnischer Herkunft, nationaler Herkunft, Geschlecht, Alter, körperlichen Merkmalen, sozialer Herkunft, Behinderung, Mitgliedschaft in einer Gewerkschaft, Religion, Familienstand, Schwangerschaft, sexueller Orientierung, Geschlechtsidentität oder einem anderen sachfremden Kriterium nach geltendem Recht. Wir bekennen uns zu dem Grundsatz, alle Bewerberinnen und Bewerber fair zu behandeln und Benachteiligungen zu vermeiden.