International Procurement Management Trainee Program
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the fields of health care and agriculture. Our products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At the same time, we want to create value through innovation, growth and improved earning power.
Our International Procurement Management Trainee Program (IPMT) will give you a broad overview of the role and tasks of our procurement function. Our global procurement experts play a key role in realizing innovative sourcing solutions and are vital to ensure a smart and efficient supply chain. They work constructively with various business stakeholders in all business areas at Bayer and with suppliers in a competitive international environment. Throughout the supply chain they ensure adherence to sustainability standards. This is why we are constantly looking for new talents to join the International Procurement Management Trainee Program.
Sounds like you? Then we look forward to hearing from you. You will find the key information in the program onepager or in the following overview:
- First class graduation (Master/Diploma/PhD) in a relevant field (e.g. Business Administration, Engineering or Science)
- Practical work experiences, ideally in the procurement area
- Preferably spent some time studying abroad and gained initial international experience, e.g. through internships.
- Passion to innovate and the desire to contribute your ideas to bring about change.
- Passion for Procurement and the ability to challenge the status quo.
- Strong team spirit, initiative and good communication skills.
- Business mindset and leadership aspirations.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
Length, starting point and content of the program
- The 18-month program grants deep insights into various areas of procurement at Bayer in Germany and abroad.
- Program stations in different Procurement areas, as Business Partnering, Category Management, Strategic Sourcing or Supplier Management.
- Participate in operational activities and functional excellence initiatives.
- Each program phase lasts 2 or 3 months and incorporates defined tasks and responsibilities.
- Flexible starting date in summer or fall.
- Mentoring by an experienced Senior Procurement Manager.
How to develop and realize careers at Bayer?
Together with your mentor and the respective HR Business Partner, you will identify individual career perspectives, exchange feedback on your performance and agree on development measures.
From the very beginning, excellent contribution will be rewarded. This comprises not only a highly competitive compensation package but also dedicated career perspectives with attractive job opportunities within the Bayer Group.
We are committed to jointly build on the various aspects of your employability profile and proactively identify and realize your individual "best-fit" career perspective after having successfully completed the 18-month International Procurement Management Trainee Program.
If we have aroused your interest in this program, please send us your online application until 31 January 2019. Here you can refer to the application form "International Procurement Management Trainee (m/f/d) " for your conveniance.
The selection process will start in February 2019. The Assessment Center is planned for March 2019, the start of the program in summer or autumn 2019.
In addition, you are welcome to set up an applicant profile and be informed about job alerts as soon as we publish open positions that match your search criteria.
My amazing journey through the world of procurement at Bayer
Regina is a trainee in the International Program for Procurement Management at Bayer AG and currently working in Singapore. Her journey with Bayer has been full of excitement from the very beginning. Interested in the trainee program? Then read Regina’s contribution to the Bayer Career Blog and send us your application.
My experiences as a trainee in the Bayer International Procurement Trainee Program
During his two-year traineeship in the International Procurement Trainee Program at Bayer CropScience Dieter Pfeifer got to know several procurement departments in Monheim, Dormagen, Leverkusen and Raleigh (North Carolina). Also he learned the difference between "white collar" - and "blue collar" -buyers. More in his career blog post.